1) Happy Death Day Happy Death Day puts a darkly humorous sci-fi spin on slasher conventions, with added edge courtesy of a starmaking performance from Jessica Rothe. Oct 13 PG13
2) Blade Runner 2049 Visually stunning and narratively satisfying, Blade Runner 2049 deepens and expands its predecessor's story while standing as an impressive filmmaking achievement in its own right. Oct 6 R 2 hr. 44 min.
3) The Foreigner The Foreigner adheres strictly to action thriller formula, but benefits from committed -- and out of character -- performances from its talented veteran stars. Oct 13 R
4) It Well-acted and fiendishly frightening with an emotionally affecting story at its core, It amplifies the horror in Stephen King's classic story without losing touch with its heart. Sep 8 R 2 hr. 15 min.
5) The Mountain Between Us The Mountain Between Us may be too far-fetched for some viewers to appreciate, but it's elevated by reliably engaging performances from Idris Elba and Kate Winslet. Oct 6 PG13 1 hr. 40 min.
6) American Made American Made's fast-and-loose attitude with its real-life story mirrors the cavalier -- and delightfully watchable -- energy Tom Cruise gives off in the leading role. Sep 29 R 1 hr. 55 min.
7) Kingsman: The Golden Circle Kingsman: The Golden Circle offers more of everything that made its predecessor so much fun, but lacks the original's wild creative spark. Sep 22 R
8) The Lego Ninjago Movie Despite ample charm and a few solid gags, The Lego Ninjago Movie suggests this franchise's formula isn't clicking like it used to. Sep 22 PG 1 hr. 30 min.
9) My Little Pony: The Movie Charming and sweet, My Little Pony: The Movie will please its dedicated fanbase, even if it's unlikely to encourage non-devotees to gallop along for the ride. Oct 6 PG
10) Victoria & Abdul Victoria & Abdul reunites Dame Judi Dench with the role of Queen Victoria -- which is all this period drama needs to overcome its imbalanced narrative. Oct 6 PG13
11) Marshall Marshall takes an illuminating, well-acted look at its real-life subject's early career that also delivers as an entertainingly old-fashioned courtroom drama. Oct 13 PG13 1 hr. 58 min.
12) Flatliners Flatliners falls flat as a horror movie and fails to improve upon its source material, rendering this reboot dead on arrival. Sep 29 PG13 1 hr. 48 min.
13) Battle of the Sexes Battle of the Sexes turns real-life events into a crowd-pleasing, well-acted dramedy that ably entertains while smartly serving up a volley of present-day parallels. Sep 29 PG13 2 hr. 1 min.
14) Professor Marston & The Wonder Women Professor Marston & The Wonder Women winds a lasso of cinematic truth around a fascinating fact-based tale with strong performances from its three stars. Oct 13 R 1 hr. 48 min.
15) American Assassin American Assassin hits a few easy targets, but without enough style or wit to truly bring its characters to life -- or stand out in a crowded field of more compelling spy thrillers. Sep 15 R
16) The Florida Project The Florida Project offers a colorfully empathetic look at an underrepresented part of the population that proves absorbing even as it raises sobering questions about modern America. Oct 6 R 1 hr. 55 min.
17) Loving Vincent Loving Vincent's dazzling visual achievements make this Van Gogh biopic well worth seeking out -- even if its narrative is far less effectively composed. Sep 22 PG13
18) The Stray The Stray tells the true story of how a stray dog, "Pluto," comes out of nowhere and impacts the Davis family, who are struggling in many ways. In just a short time, Pluto the "wonderdog" manages to save a toddler, bring comfort and companionship to a hurting 9-year-old boy, help restore a marriage, and repair a broken father-son relationship. Pluto is not only a guard dog - he's a guardian angel. Sometimes help comes from the most unlikely places. Sometimes our prayers get answered in strange ways. Sometimes one dog can change everything. Written and directed by Mitch Davis (The Other Side of Heaven), The Stray releases in select markets nationwide in October 2017. Oct 6 PG 1 hr. 32 min.
19) 'Til Death Do Us Part Michael & Madison Roland, had planned to spend the rest of their lives together, until one day Michael's controlling ways turned their perfect marriage, into an abusive rollercoaster no woman could survive. With the help of her best friend, Madison decides to get away. After adopting a new identity, she meets Alex Stone and learns to love again. All is well, until Michael discovers Madison's whereabouts, and recreates the nightmare she once lived all over again. Sep 29 PG13 1 hr. 41 min.
20) Spider-Man: Homecoming Spider-Man: Homecoming does whatever a second reboot can, delivering a colorful, fun adventure that fits snugly in the sprawling MCU without getting bogged down in franchise-building. Jul 7 PG13
21) Despicable Me 3 Despicable Me 3 should keep fans of the franchise consistently entertained with another round of colorful animation and zany -- albeit somewhat scattershot -- humor. Jun 30 PG 1 hr. 30 min.
22) The Emoji Movie 🚫 Jul 28 PG 1 hr. 26 min.
23) Home Again Home Again gathers a talented crowd of rom-com veterans on both sides of the camera -- all of whom have unfortunately done far better work. Sep 8 PG13
24) A Question of Faith Pastor DAVID NEWMAN is a loving husband and father, set to take over his dad's church while neglecting the promises he's made to his 12-year-old son, ERIC. KATE HERNANDEZ is a spiritually driven single-parent and owner of a local restaurant. Her daughter MARIA is a free-spirited teenager aspiring to be the first in her family to go to college. JOHN DANIELSON is the owner of a failing construction company who sees his daughter MICHELLE's fledgling singing career as a way out of financial trouble. The lives of these strangers collide when two twists of fate strike back to back. The first: while texting and driving in her car, Maria accidentally hits Eric, which lands Maria in jail and leaves Eric's family with an unthinkable dilemma. The second: while auditioning for a major record label, Michelle collapses, leading to a discovery about her health which rocks the very foundation of her father's dream. Sep 29 PG 1 hr. 31 min.
25) Dunkirk Dunkirk serves up emotionally satisfying spectacle, delivered by a writer-director in full command of his craft and brought to life by a gifted ensemble cast that honors the fact-based story. Jul 21 PG13 1 hr. 47 min.
26) American Satan A young rock band, half from England and half from the US, drop out of college and move to the Sunset Strip to chase their dreams. Oct 13 R
27) mother! There's no denying that mother! is the thought-provoking product of a singularly ambitious artistic vision, though it may be too unwieldy for mainstream tastes. Sep 15 R 1 hr. 55 min.
28) Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House Mark Felt - The Man Who Brought Down the White House centers on "Deep Throat", the pseudonym given to the notorious whistleblower for one of the greatest scandals of all time, Watergate. The true identity of the secret informant remained a mystery and source of much public curiosity and speculation for more than 30 years. That is until, in 2005, special agent Mark Felt shockingly revealed himself as the tipster. This unbelievable true story chronicles the personal and professional life of the brilliant and uncompromising Felt, who risked and ultimately sacrificed everything - his family, his career, his freedom - in the name of justice. Sep 29 PG13
29) Stronger Stronger rises on the power of its well-chosen ensemble to offer an emotionally resonant fact-based story that transcends inspirational drama clichés. Sep 22 R 1 hr. 59 min.
30) Annabelle: Creation Annabelle: Creation adds another strong chapter to the Conjuring franchise - and offers further proof that freaky-looking dolls remain reliably terrifying. Aug 11 R 1 hr. 49 min.
31) Lucky Lucky is a bittersweet meditation on mortality, punctuating the career of beloved character actor Harry Dean Stanton. Sep 29 NR 1 hr. 26 min.
32) Judwaa 2 Two brothers (twins) born to an honest businessman are separated at birth when their father exposes a smuggling racket and a king pin. One of the brothers is thought to be dead but only resurfaces stronger after living life on the streets to reunite with his family over a sequence of events and twist of fate. Genetically bound by reflexes both the brother's lives interlink in strange ways and a comedy of errors. They eventually come together to destroy the smuggling nexus and save their family from a downfall that awaits them. Sep 29 NR