1) The Lion King While it can take pride in its visual achievements,The Lion King is a by-the-numbers retelling that lacks the energy and heart that made the original so beloved--though for some fans that may just be enough. Jul 19 PG 1 hr. 50 min.
2) Spider-Man: Far From Home A breezily unpredictable blend of teen romance and superhero action, Spider-Man: Far from Home stylishly sets the stage for the next era of the MCU. Jul 2 PG13 2 hr. 10 min.
3) Toy Story 4 Heartwarming, funny, and beautifully animated, Toy Story 4 manages the unlikely feat of extending -- and perhaps concluding -- a practically perfect animated saga. Jun 21 G 1 hr. 30 min.
4) Crawl An action-packed creature feature that's fast, terrifying, and benefits greatly from a completely game Kaya Scodelario, Crawl is a fun throw-back with just enough self-awareness to work. Jul 12 R 1 hr. 27 min.
5) Yesterday Yesterday may fall short of fab, but the end result is still a sweetly charming fantasy with an intriguing -- albeit somewhat under-explored -- premise. Jun 28 PG13 1 hr. 52 min.
6) Stuber Though it makes a strong case for future collaborations between Kumail Nanjiani and Dave Bautista, Stuber fails to mesh its contrasting genres, settling for an overtly violent, mildly entertaining diversion that's far from a five-star ride. Jul 12 R 1 hr. 45 min.
7) Aladdin Aladdin retells its classic source material's story with sufficient spectacle and skill, even if it never approaches the dazzling splendor of the animated original. May 24 PG 2 hr. 8 min.
8) Annabelle Comes Home Fun for fans even if it isn't as frightening as some of its predecessors, Annabelle Comes Home suggests there's still some life left in the Conjuring franchise. Jun 26 R 1 hr. 40 min.
9) Midsommar Ambitious, impressively crafted, and above all unsettling, Midsommar further proves writer-director Ari Aster is a horror auteur to be reckoned with. Jul 3 R 2 hr. 20 min.
10) The Secret Life of Pets 2 The Secret Life of Pets 2 doesn't teach its animated stars any new narrative tricks -- but for fans of the original, this funny, energetic sequel should still satisfy. Jun 7 PG 1 hr. 26 min.
11) Avengers: Endgame Exciting, entertaining, and emotionally impactful, Avengers: Endgame does whatever it takes to deliver a satisfying finale to Marvel's epic Infinity Saga. Apr 26 PG13 3 hr. 2 min.
12) The Farewell The Farewell deftly captures complicated family dynamics with a poignant, well-acted drama that marries cultural specificity with universally relatable themes. Jul 12 PG 1 hr. 38 min.
13) The Art of Self-Defense The Art of Self-Defense grapples compellingly with modern American masculinity -- and serves as an outstanding calling card for writer-director Riley Stearns. Jul 19 R 1 hr. 44 min.
14) Rocketman It's going to be a long, long time before a rock biopic manages to capture the highs and lows of an artist's life like Rocketman. May 31 R 2 hr. 1 min.
15) John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum reloads for another hard-hitting round of the brilliantly choreographed, over-the-top action that fans of the franchise demand. May 17 R 2 hr. 11 min.
16) Men in Black International Amiable yet forgettable, MiB International grinds its stars' substantial chemistry through the gears of a franchise running low on reasons to continue. Jun 14 PG13 2 hr. 0 min.
17) Super 30 Anand Kumar, a Mathematics genius from a modest family in Bihar who is made to believe that only a King's son can become a king is on a mission to prove that even the poor man can create some of the world's most genius minds. He starts a training program named 'Super 30' to help 30 IIT aspirants crack the entrance test and make them highly successful professionals. Jul 12 NR 2 hr. 35 min.
18) Maiden Enthralling viewing even for audiences with little to no knowledge of or interest in sailing, Maiden pays powerful tribute to a true pioneer. Jun 28 PG 1 hr. 37 min.
19) Wild Rose There's no shortage of star-is-born stories, but Wild Rose proves they can still be thoroughly entertaining -- and marks its own transcendent moment for lead Jessie Buckley. Jun 21 R 1 hr. 41 min.
20) The Last Black Man in San Francisco An affecting story powerfully told, The Last Black Man in San Francisco immediately establishes director Joe Talbot as a filmmaker to watch. Jun 7 R 2 hr. 0 min.
21) Pavarotti Pavarotti pays entertaining tribute to a towering cultural figure with a documentary whose evident affection for its subject proves contagious. Jun 7 PG13
22) Echo In the Canyon A thoroughly entertaining look at the Laurel Canyon scene as well as the musical history surrounding it, Echo in the Canyon is essential viewing for rock doc fans. May 24 PG13 1 hr. 22 min.
23) Dark Phoenix Dark Phoenix ends an era of the X-Men franchise by taking a second stab at adapting a classic comics arc -- with deeply disappointing results. Jun 7 PG13
24) Late Night Smart, timely, and brought to life by a terrific cast, Late Night is a workplace comedy with a lot of heart -- and just as many laughs. Jun 14 R 1 hr. 42 min.
25) Non-Fiction Well-acted and sharply written, Non-Fiction finds writer-director Olivier Assayas working in a comedic vein that channels classic forebears while remaining utterly fresh. May 3 R 1 hr. 46 min.
26) Marianne & Leonard: Words of Love It suffers from a somewhat one-sided approach, but Marianne & Leonard: Words of Love is an absorbing glimpse of a fascinating chapter of its subjects' lives. Jul 5 R 1 hr. 37 min.
27) Apollo 11 Edifying and inspiring in equal measure, Apollo 11 uses artfully repurposed archival footage to send audiences soaring back to a pivotal time in American history. Mar 1 G 1 hr. 33 min.
28) The Biggest Little Farm Uplifting, educational, and entertaining, The Biggest Little Farm is an environmental advocacy documentary with a satisfying side dish of hope for the future. May 10 PG 1 hr. 31 min.
29) Sword of Trust Expertly drawn characters and a strong senes of humanity make Sword of Trust an enjoyable -- if at times meandering -- journey. Jul 12 R 1 hr. 29 min.
30) Bethany Hamilton: Unstoppable Bethany Hamilton is rewriting the rules on being a fearless athlete. This is the untold story of the heart of a champion and her resilience against all odds to become one of the leading professional surfers of our time. Jul 12 PG 1 hr. 38 min.